gzz-dev

[Gzz] 23rd (Benja)

From: B. Fallenstein
Subject: [Gzz] 23rd (Benja)
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 00:49:11 +0200

(We should probably put our names in report subjects, so that the subject makes clear which mails belongs together, even when not in thread view. Everybody, *please* do send reports to gzz-dev-- they're a valuable resource in the archive, plus visitors can see there's something going on.)

1. Line cursors for text editing work now. Interesting internal tidbit: Line cursors are independent vobs that know a text vob to decorate and an offset. This allows e.g. having more than one (an interesting application might be cuts in a text cloud view).

2. Installed Debian on the new laptop. I have X running with Vesa's drivers (ahem-- VESA drivers). I can connect to the net, but have to edit resolv.conf manually at startup. The touchpad doesn't work yet.

3. Submitted URN namespace application.

4. Thought about enfilades, XML, vobs. Not much progress. We should talk about vobs sometime-- I'm beginning to see a way to make our paradigm more like Fresco's, and that could ease things, but it all still needs more thinking.

-b.