gzz-dev

Re: [Gzz] 23rd, 24th (jvk)

From: Tuomas Lukka
Subject: Re: [Gzz] 23rd, 24th (jvk)
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 00:35:25 +0300

> Started code for visualising colors. Run make showcolor in
> lava/gfx for visualizing the color cube in CIE L*a*b*
> perceptually uniform coordinates.

And indeed, you have now convinced me that we should use that
color space as opposed to the RGB cube standing on its edge
for selecting colors: it looks VERY natural.

The cut-off point for paper colors should be about two thirds
up the cube, which means that pure purple at maximum intensity
(1,1,0) should not be included! And indeed, it is too dark.
But green is ok by itself (0,0,1).

        Tuomas