gzz-dev

[Gzz] Tuukka 2002-07-26 (languages, cleaning)

From: Tuukka Hastrup
Subject: [Gzz] Tuukka 2002-07-26 (languages, cleaning)
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 21:50:10 +0300 (EEST)

Worked a bit longer day for a change. Tried to find out what works and
how, cleaned Makefile targets and updated README a bit.

I jar'ed py files for the standard modules of Jython and Python, and
added the jars to the "depends" CVS module. This way, we shouldn't
any more depend on a separate Jython package being installed. Python2.2 is
still needed as we use 2.2 and Jython is at 2.1.

Tuomas agreed we can backport the code to 2.1 so we wouldn't depend on
Python at all. Later, if all Java code is rewritten in Python, we have the
possibility of changing the interpreter from Jython to Python. Should we
target that? And if we rewrote also all Perl code in Python, we would need
only one interpreted language!

--
-- Trying to catch me? Just follow up my Electric Fingerprints
-- To help you: address@hidden