gzz-dev

[Gzz] Demos, was: Re: [Gzz-commits] gzz TODO

From: Benja Fallenstein
Subject: [Gzz] Demos, was: Re: [Gzz-commits] gzz TODO
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2002 14:59:21 +0200

Tuomas Lukka wrote:

On Wed, Sep 04, 2002 at 09:19:06AM +0200, Benja Fallenstein wrote:
+       - mediaserver - what demo?
I can think of two possibilities:
- p2p collaboration

How?

I don't know, in fact. Thing is, I don't have a really good idea for *any* mediaserver demo, so I thought I should start the discussion soon in case nobody else has, either ;-)

Hmm...

- undo-past-load, if we can find a way to implement that

(With undo-past-load, the scrolls are the problem: if you save very often, possibly on every keypress or maybe every few seconds, you create far too many scrolls.)

Maybe too difficult for a demo.

Yes, I think so, too.

Should possibly be easier, as in loading only the changed part of a document,
or image, etc. This is for NETS people so saving bandwidth and explaining
how it's useful in a mobile environment would be good.

Ok. But still, hmm... no great ideas pop up.

[Btw, what is NETS? Googling the term doesn't help for obvious reasons :)]

Some kind of ad-hoc collaboration or sharing between different mobile devices seems to be a killer app. Or, OTOH, maybe not so good without *real-time* collaboration, which Storm doesn't help with.

Also, real collaboration in Gzz always needs merge, which we don't have.

Do you want to present something related to xanalogical use of Storm, or Storm applications not related to that?

- Benja

- Benja