gzz-dev

Re: [Gzz] Re: gzz/gfx/libcallgl callgl.hxx

From: Matti Katila
Subject: Re: [Gzz] Re: gzz/gfx/libcallgl callgl.hxx
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 15:30:42 +0300 (EEST)

On Thu, 12 Sep 2002, Tuomas Lukka wrote:
>> getting address
>> 1. GLX_ARB_get_proc_address is pegged in gallgl
> "pegged"? What's a peg?

Heh :D

"pyyntö" = request, ask, call on.

Finnish: "Mikä on oikea termi kutsua callgl:ään tulevia kutsuja?"

>> using addres
>> 3. send it to libos to excecute. Because callgl has a list of extended
>>     calls it also knows what kind of call it is. So for example it knows
>>     how many arguments might be needed or if not needed at all.
>
> Ok, this is where I think it goes wrong.
> LibOs should not *execute* anything.

Ok, I just don't get it why to separate extended calls to libos if
we don't use them from libos? Do you mean we only add in
/libos/Os.hxx something like:

void (*)() askExtCall(string s) {
   return glXGetProcAddress( (const GLubyte * ) (s.c_str() ) );
}

   -Matti