gzz-dev

[Gzz] Sep 20th (vegai)

From: Vesa Kaihlavirta
Subject: [Gzz] Sep 20th (vegai)
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 18:14:42 +0300

Moved stuff around in Gzz.py, created class Gzz, which shall encapsulate the
whole main client -- this will help in testing Gzz.py and make things generally
friendlier.

Rows 48-67 in Gzz.py, starting with a comment:

    # Read arguments before importing stuff, since
    # we have to call setProperty *BEFORE* that in order
    # to choose the right GraphicsAPI.instance

...I moved everything from here to beginning, which should've broken something
(according to the comment), but it didn't. Is there something non-obvious going
on under the hood of which I should know before proceeding, or is the comment
outdated? (or can't I just see the wood for the trees?)

And by the way, the AWT-client is non-functional at the moment (no, I didn't do
it!);
it just shows two empty views. Feeding it with events causes nothing visible.

Output / traceback:

JUpdateManager: going to wait for next event
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: createDisplayListImpl
        at gzz.gfx.gl.GZZGL.createDisplayListImpl(Native Method)
        at gzz.gfx.gl.GZZGL.createDisplayList(GZZGL.java:409)
        at gzz.gfx.gl.GZZGL.createCallList(GZZGL.java:479)
        at gzz.gfx.gl.Stencil.init(Stencil.java:50)
        at gzz.gfx.gl.Stencil.<clinit>(Stencil.java:44)
        at gzz.view.CellVobFactory.addCellVobs(CellVobFactory.java:168)
        at gzz.view.VobVanishingClient.place(VobVanishingClient.java:169)
        at gzz.view.PlainVanishing.paint(PlainVanishing.java:119)
        at gzz.view.PlainVanishing.render(PlainVanishing.java:82)
        at gzz.view.VobVanishingClient.render(VobVanishingClient.java:96)
        at gzz.client.Fallback$Win.generate(Fallback.java:179)
        at gzz.client.Screen.generateEndState(Screen.java:113)
        at
gzz.client.AbstractUpdateManager.callGenerateEnd(AbstractUpdateManager.java:140)
        at gzz.client.AbstractUpdateManager.run(AbstractUpdateManager.java:369)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
        at gzz.view.CellVobFactory.addCellVobs(CellVobFactory.java:168)
        at gzz.view.VobVanishingClient.place(VobVanishingClient.java:169)
        at gzz.view.PlainVanishing.paint(PlainVanishing.java:119)
        at gzz.view.PlainVanishing.render(PlainVanishing.java:82)
        at gzz.view.VobVanishingClient.render(VobVanishingClient.java:96)
        at gzz.client.Fallback$Win.generate(Fallback.java:179)
        at gzz.client.Screen.generateEndState(Screen.java:113)
        at
gzz.client.AbstractUpdateManager.callGenerateEnd(AbstractUpdateManager.java:140)
        at gzz.client.AbstractUpdateManager.run(AbstractUpdateManager.java:369)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)

...with the latter repeating for every event. Does AWT depend on GZZGL
libraries?

--
V.K.