gzz-dev

Re: [Gzz] 20th (asko)

From: Asko Soukka
Subject: Re: [Gzz] 20th (asko)
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 13:14:32 +0300 (EEST)

Mon, 23 Sep 2002, Tuomas Lukka kirjoitti:
> > Some of my current personal intrests about Gzz:
> > - WikiWeb like http frontend (with Tuukka)
> >   * functionality of HTML-views
> You mean serving HTML from a zz structure?

Kind of. Not only static HTML output (articles etc) but fully functional
HTML-views for navigating and manipulating the structure. The main idea
was to build a practical multi user interface for Gzz 0.6 to work with
current technology (Internet-connection, graphical HTML-viewer).
HTML-views and -applitudes feel intuitionally easy to develop (even within
the structure).

There has been a very poor demo on 0.6 at
http://jupiter.kortex.jyu.fi/ziki/zikitest/

> >   * predictive text input using minimum "keys",
> >     familiar from modern mobile phones
> I'm not so hot on this...

And this has maybe even less to do with modern Gzz :) I have just wondered
how even elder learn to write SMSs and get used to it, but they are still
lost with QUERTY -keyboards. Of course this is not a solution to write
long articles, but maybe short notes (and even faster than with Palm's
Graffiti for example).

--
Asko Soukka     | Taitoniekantie 9 A 603 | address@hidden
+358-40-8235947 | FIN-40740 JYVÄSKYLÄ    | http://www.iki.fi/asko.soukka/