gzz-dev

[Gzz] 28th (Benja)

From: Benja Fallenstein
Subject: [Gzz] 28th (Benja)
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2002 01:00:57 +0200

- Implement marking.
- Implement xu linking bindings.
- Try to fix text, is half-way through.

The new scheme for passing around coordsys is apparently so complicated that nobody really understands it, and lots of bugs arise. We NEED to think of something simpler... I think the following would be *very good* at this point:

- Make (0,0) the upper left corner in all coordsys.
- Always pass w and h everywhere where it's needed explicitly, even down to the level of vobs.

That means that all vobs need to be changed not to assume implicit w and h through their coordsys, but I think that's ok. It would make things a little less convenient for symmetrical things like rectangular backgrounds, but not terribly-- 0/0.5/1 instead of -1/0/1 is not so terribly hard to understand and compute. But it would make A LOT of things much more sane.

Does that sound ok?

- Benja