gzz-dev

Re: [Gzz] 18th (hh)

From: Benja Fallenstein
Subject: Re: [Gzz] 18th (hh)
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 19:26:45 +0100

address@hidden wrote:

-UCLA seminars about P2P systems (http://nile.usc.edu/research.htm). Does
anybody know what are hamming trees ?

No.

-Merkle Hash Trees and Tree Hash Exchange (THEX) format
(http://open-content.net/specs/draft-jchapweske-thex-01.html). Is there any use
of these kinds of techniques in Gzz ?

No, but if you read the 'raw pools' thread between Tuomas and me, you'll see that we're thinking about whether/how to implement something like this *right now*. So if you could try to give a more or less comprehensive set of online refs (as in, "the most important types of tree hashing"), that'd be of great help right now!

Thanks,
- Benja