gzz-dev

Re: [Gzz] PEG ``vob_bgvob--humppake``: Background Vob interface

From: Benja Fallenstein
Subject: Re: [Gzz] PEG ``vob_bgvob--humppake``: Background Vob interface
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2003 07:36:16 +0100

Asko Soukka wrote:
Wed, 5 Mar 2003, Benja Fallenstein wrote:

"Background + solid colors" sounds more like a description of BgVob to me?

Or hmm. Actually the sector circles used in ball&stick aren't a background. But then again, they do have a border... :-)

Hmm... this is getting tricky now :) If I can't have variables in interfaces and all methods I've proposed are only related to those variables I can't have, should I create only AbstractBgVob (with all the methods/variables I've proposed) and no interfaces?

It's very simple: create a getX() and setX() method for every variable.

Or would the following be correct?

   Interface BgVob:
public void setBorderColor(Color c) {}
        public Color getBorderColor() {}
public void setBgColor(Color c) {}
        public Color getBgColor() {}
Interface ColoredVob: public void addColor(Color c) {}
        public Color[] getColors() {}

   AbstractBgVob implements ColoredVob, BgVob:

        public boolean drawBorder = true;
        protected List colors = new List(5);
        protected Color bg = Color.white;

You need getDrawBorder() and setDrawBorder() in BgVob, and you need protected Color borderColor in AbstractBgVob. And drawBorder should be protected.

(And I still think getColors() should return a list-- and colors should be initially ``null``...)

- Benja