gzz-dev

Re: [Gzz] PEG 1013: Add clipping state to vob scenes

From: Benja Fallenstein
Subject: Re: [Gzz] PEG 1013: Add clipping state to vob scenes
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2003 14:15:13 +0100

Tuomas Lukka wrote:
Actually, this gets really hairy now: if they need to be implemented using stencils, we'll need some sort of stencil reserving system
and there you can have 8 viewports nested, MAX. Might be possible
to kludge to have more, but...

Hm, could we just do what's easiest, for now? 8 nested clippings (if that's what you mean) are more than enough for now; not supporting nonlinear coordsys is also fine for now. I just want to be able to implement clipped text in Loom w/o going to the great contortions of gzz.client :-)

I'd say define the interface, leaving leeway as to how much the impls have to support right now, and doc the exception that's thrown if you go beyond those limitations.

Could you modify RESOLVED: so that it works for OpenGL and is easy to implement?

Thx,
-b