gzz-dev

Re: [Gzz] The Fenfire/Loom test system

From: Benja Fallenstein
Subject: Re: [Gzz] The Fenfire/Loom test system
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 13:39:25 +0100

Tuomas Lukka wrote:
On Sun, Mar 23, 2003 at 03:57:54PM +0100, Benja Fallenstein wrote:

Tuomas Lukka wrote:

On Sat, Mar 22, 2003 at 05:50:13PM +0100, Benja Fallenstein wrote:

FYI-- the new test system in Fenfire's CVS makes .test files real Python modules, which requires that you write a setUp() method if you want code to be run before every test. I've just finally docced the system; see below (not much new there, tho).

Could we put this in navidoc so that it can also be used in libvob?

Having cross-dependencies between libvob and fenfire is not good ;)

Hm, it currently knows about graphics apis IIRC, because of the
'fail: AWT' stuff. If we can abstract this out, no problem.

I think it should be abstracted to a generic "fail" mechanism:
the test can say

        fail: AWT
        fail-bug: Kaffe

meaning that the test always fails on AWT because the things are intentionally
not implemented there, and it fails on kaffe, not intentionally, because of some
bug, that needs fixing.

For the test framework, these would be just keywords.

What do you think?

Sounds good!
- Benja