gzz-dev

[Gzz] PEG: ideas dirs (dartboard)

From: Tuomas Lukka
Subject: [Gzz] PEG: ideas dirs (dartboard)
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 13:37:41 +0300

PEG ideas_dirs--tjl: PEG-like directories for ideas

:Author:   Tuomas J. Lukka
:Last-Modified: $Date: 2003/06/27 10:35:55 $
:Revision: $Revision: 1.3 $

PEGs are a good format for discussing relatively finished ideas,
ready for implementation. Recent discussions with humppake and mudyc
have convinced me that we need also a freer forum which can be used
to package and label more fragmentary and unfinished ideas, to make
them easier to discuss.

Issues
======

Changes
=======

In addition to ``pegboard``, all subprojects will have
a sibling ``dartboard`` subdirectory.  The ideas subdirectory will
contain subdirectories with names in a similar format to PEGs, e.g. ::

    type_and_connect--humppake
    elliptical_fillets--mudyc

The subdirectory should contain a main "idea.rst" file.

This is where the similarity with PEGs ends - there are no formatting
rules, no processes for accepting or rejecting ideas. The point is
just to sketch out something and give it a label by which it can
be referred to.

If the author desires, he/she can follow the PEG conventions or ignore
them.

Hand-drawn scanned sketches and images are encouraged.

If real review of an idea, for accepting or rejecting, is desired, a PEG
referring to the idea can be made.