gzz-dev

Re: [Gzz] [Fwd: Bug report]

From: Hermanni Hyytiälä
Subject: Re: [Gzz] [Fwd: Bug report]
Date: 30 Jun 2003 12:54:12 +0300

On Sat, 2003-06-28 at 15:56, Tuomas Lukka wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 27, 2003 at 03:41:42PM +0300, Hermanni Hyytiälä wrote:
> > FYI.
> >

> > -Hermanni

> > Subject: Bug report
> > From: Hermanni Hyytiälä <address@hidden>
> > To: address@hidden
> > Date: 27 Jun 2003 15:40:59 +0300
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > There seems to be a bug in Kaffe's java.io.StreamTokenizer package. The
> > bug occurs when I try to run Matt Welsh's free non-blocking IO package
> > (NBIO) (http://www.eecs.harvard.edu/~mdw/proj/java-nbio/).
> >

> > More specifically, when I try test the installation by changing to the
> > sandStorm/test/basic directory and running (as the NBIO documentation
> > suggests):
> >

> Umm - a comment about your bugreport: you should really narrow it down
> to a really short java program that you can send them, i.e. 10 lines of
> java, showing that on SUN's jdk it produces output XYZ and on kaffe, output
> FOO
> and that FOO is wrong according to the docs.

IMO, partly true. I really wanted describe how&when&why the bug was
discovered. I think adding 10 lines of simple java code is *optional*
(not mandatory) in the bug report since the authors of code can *verify*
the bug report's result by coding those 10 lines easily.

I think that how&when&why concept is more important in a bug report than
10 lines of code representing a wrong functionality. But, OTOH, 10 lines
can be included if one wants so ;).

> Did you also mention the kaffe version you discovered this on?

Yes.

-Hermanni