gzz-dev

[Gzz] bequest

From: Matthias Hudson
Subject: [Gzz] bequest
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 12:44:15 -0700

Next time you come you betterbring a few shutters with you, he sang out over his shoulder.
Youve disgraced us, he said, and added grandly, Youve brokenfathers heart. Well have twenty thousand quids worth of ammunitionplanted along the central railway.
Even a bloody counter-jumping Saturday-afternoonmilitiaman couldnt miss me. Everybody ought to have a pound aweek and no more. She put her handon her breasts where she still kept the shred of cloth Doug hadleft on the fence.
You ought to get a putty medal, loving Australia like youdo. Of course she has to try to cover up her youngprofligates tracks.
Doug emergedas an accredited moral martyr.
At this inadequate reply their simple faces clouded.
Pleased to hear it, James said, but nobody else will believeit. Thats all right you laughing, Coyle said. I killed a man incold blood, a good honest man.
Just wait, Coylesaid, till the scabs come. Larry felt in his hand thelong butchers knife he had brought to cut the cabbages.
And young Geoffreys going to the dogs with racehorses anddrink.
He raised his hand to wave but put it back in the pocket of hismoleskins. Leave the scum youre with and Ill talk to you.
The long empty days had sapped Larrys courage. Think too high of your old man for that, eh? I thought your pa might be asking to see them. If it took the monkey a couple of million years tobecome a man how long dyou think itll take Rusty?
And what when he begins marching in scabs? He was deeply impressed bywhat Budge had said. Had her eye on you a long time andthinks youre a good stamp of a lad.
Wagner drawled down from six inches above thetallest head. Do you want to see your women working in thepaddocks like some of you seen in England?
People said that the boom was over, thatwhat had happened in the Argentine would happen here. The lustre had gone from her hair, her skin was yellow.
They reckon it will be settled without any shooting, Larry saidanxiously. Englands his; thats where hes alwaysaimed to end up when hed sucked the marrow out of this.
I thought your pa might be asking to see them.