gzz-dev

[Gzz] twentieth

From: Eva Holt
Subject: [Gzz] twentieth
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 12:25:09 +0100

The server was done in the sourceelement, and the client as a sink.
I had found some posters around our place with"Tango" on it in a nice big font, and a stylised dancing couple.
A bit of sea wind,lots of sun, and pure fun.
We're moving in our new office this week, and our new collague is arrivingnext week.
Nice to see your software coming together. Well, it was her birthday, she got to choose this weekend. So I took pity onhim and took him in.
He was tired from a longtrip from Australia to Europe and all through Europe. This was even more surprising.
I had found some posters around our place with"Tango" on it in a nice big font, and a stylised dancing couple.
I added some error handlingfor these cases.
I wasn't ableto reproduce it since, but I'm sure if anyone encounters it they'll at leastget a nice error dialog. This was even more surprising.
After having written it down, it took another half a day towrite the python code until it worked.
I love the weather here, even though it's been flakyof late.
I should check up on if I can use it do to real work yet.
I really like the name,it took us long enough to come up with something that we liked, still hada domain name available, and not too much GoogleJuice. After some fiddling and reading, I learnt that this specificdriver has a hack which enables streaming mode by exposing two buffers,with both buffers being the same physical ones in the driver.
Only after testingagain it suddenly worked. If you fix the underlyingbugs, you forget about the toplevel bug that "the user doesn't know somethingis wrong".
I must avoid catching hadessitis.
It took half a day to think about thealgorithm. I really like the name,it took us long enough to come up with something that we liked, still hada domain name available, and not too much GoogleJuice.
If you're everaround, go over and buy some almonds or hazel nuts.
There are a couple of "guides" I'd like to do and every time I workon projects that use DocBook there is always something tripping me up.
Of course, the second day he took over the PlayStation and Entered the Matrix. Blogging is a nice unintrusive way of letting others know what you'reup to, and reading them is a nice way of knowing how they're doing.
Their music is sort of like My Bloody Valentine in sound,but more poppy, and with Sigur Ros-like singing, but in English instead ofmade-up-language. All I'm trying to do is to make sure we can do streaming, and try and tacklethe general "Multimedia, Codecs, Patents, Licenses and Distributions"problem.
Now to see what caused the CPU togo crazy. Seriously, everyone who is against -Wall -Werror is probably just writing sloppy code. I'm not sure it works well yet, but it looks sweet for sure, and it seems pretty responsive.
I must avoid catching hadessitis. Python is soooo nice for simple stuff like this. Releasing was so much less painful than before.
At first I was just sending over raw buffer data.
I wasn't ableto reproduce it since, but I'm sure if anyone encounters it they'll at leastget a nice error dialog. It's a small simple unit with a simple design that I caneasily put together, and I like doing stuff like that.
Then we tested them bystreaming videotestsrc.