h-source-users

[H-source-users] R: h-node and UEFI Secure Boot, how should we move?

From: Antonio Gallo
Subject: [H-source-users] R: h-node and UEFI Secure Boot, how should we move?
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2012 10:18:53 +0100 (BST)

> >does it have free boot firmware?
>     yes
> >

>         no
> >

>         not-specified

what about

does it have free boot firmware (BOIS,UEFI,...)?

no
yes
not-specified

> This issue is a bit complicated so we absolutely need to
> improve our wiki/help pages about this matter. We must
> specify really clearly and easy to understand way which
> "boot firmware" is free and which is not (UEFI vs. UEFI with
> Restricted Boot).

If someone build the wiki page about boot firmware (BIOS, UEFI) in the h-node
wiki then I could put a link to that page inside the notebook insertion form.
For example I've started to add links to wiki pages inside the hardware
insertion forms (for example for the the model name entry and for the
vendorid_productid entry)

There is already a wiki page that should be used to describe the hardware,
(http://www.h-node.org/wiki/page/en/discover-your-hardware), we can add there
the section about boot firmware.