h-source-users

Re: [H-source-users] R: Problems with running a custom instance

From: Antonio Gallo
Subject: Re: [H-source-users] R: Problems with running a custom instance
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2012 20:28:48 +0000 (GMT)

> - php5-gd is needed for captcha, README.txt doesn't mention
> it

I will mention it in the readme.txt file

> - mail is needed to register an account, solved this
> configuring
>   local-delivery-only Postfix on my virtual machine

The mail is needed to have the confirm link, I wouldn't know how to do without
a smtp server, when I try the software in my local version I use the smtp
server of my personal domain

> - email address syntax verification is too strict, my
> "address@hidden"
>   was not accepted although it's completely ok for my
> use

Ok I will check the regular expression, thanks

> - I see no way to make an user administrator or moderator

You have to also install h-admin, see here:
http://h-node.org/source/notes_0.2.html.

When installed, if your virtual host is h-admin, open the browser and go to
that virtual host, it will ask you the user and the password.

The default values are;

user:admin
password: admin

h-admin is a set of scripts, I'm trying to delete them and join those scripts
to h-source.

> - when I tried to submit a device (of course after fixing a
> bug in
>   h-client that I haven't noticed before), this error
> was returned:
>
>     Your vendor has not been found.Your vendorid
> code is not present in
>     the list. If it is a USB device, please choose
> the right interface
>     (USB), otherwise the system will check inside
> the PCI ID vendors'
>     list. If it is not a USB device, and you are
> not sure about the
>     right interface, choose not-defined, and it
> should work fine (the
>     system will check inside the PCI ID vendors'
> list if you choose an
>     interface other than USB). If your vendor has
> not been found yet,
>     please open an issue here in order to ask the
> insertion of your
>     vendor.If your vendor has not been found you
> could also send your
>     PCI ID or USB ID to the PCI ID repository
>     (http://pciids.sourceforge.net/) or to the
> USB ID repository
>     (http://www.linux-usb.org/usb-ids.html).
>
>   README.txt does not mention how to add this list on
> h-source.  The
>   error is also certainly too long to be shown on a
> single scrolled line
>   in h-client.

You have to fill the vendors table. I'm sorry, I forgot to mention inside the
readme.txt. Here are the instructions (that I will add to readme.txt too).

download the php code to fill the vendor table:

svn co svn://svn.savannah.nongnu.org/h-source/trunk/scripts/vendorid

You will find there old versions of pci.ids and usb.ids, if you prefer you can
download more up-to-date versions.

Open the config.php file and write your database preferences:

$host           =       'localhost?';
$user           =       'db user';
$password       =       'db password';
$dbName         =       'db name (the same used for h-node)';

Then install the php5-cli package. Open a terminal and go to the downloaded SVN
folder (where there is the config.php file) and write:

php5 insert_vendors.php

It will fill the vendors entry. It will take a bit. then It should work

Let me know if you have some problems. I will try, in the future, to add those
scripts to h-source.

> My long-term aim is to get the data transferred between
> h-client and my
> h-source instance and use it to test device submission and
> other server
> interactions of h-client without running h-source.

Ok this would be useful