halevt-dev

Re: [Halevt-dev] Can't mount devices for admins in SUM

From: Patrice Dumas
Subject: Re: [Halevt-dev] Can't mount devices for admins in SUM
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 11:53:33 +0100

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 09:25:06AM -0700, Brown, Tony-P56943 wrote:

> When /usr/sbin/hapHalevt was called the mount point was empty.  We also
> have a rule for when a mount point is obtained, and hapHalevt is called
> there too. But, since hapHalevt will not update its database for a
> duplicate device, we didn't update the database when the device did get
> a mount point.  The solution was to not call hapHalevt in the OnInit.

This makes sense, that's why, in the example conf, the mount point
is registered in a separate rule:

<!--
When a device get a mount point, it is passed to halevt-mount which can
record it. The property that changes is volume.is_mounted, and the action is
executed when the value of volume.is_mounted becomes true.
!-->
<halevt:Device match="hal.block.device &amp; hal.block.is_volume = true &amp;
hal.volume.mount_point">
   <halevt:Property name="hal.volume.is_mounted">
      <halevt:Action value="true" exec="halevt-mount -s"/>
   </halevt:Property>
</halevt:Device>

--
Pat