hddtemp-dev

[hddtemp-dev] Quantum Atlas 10K 9WLS

From: Jacob L. Anawalt
Subject: [hddtemp-dev] Quantum Atlas 10K 9WLS
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 16:27:51 -0600

Hello,

I've got an old Quantum Atlas 10K 9WLS that I was interested in monitoring the temperature of via hddtemp's tcp daemon interface. Unfortunately hddtemp says no dice:
hddtemp /dev/sda
/dev/sda: QUANTUM ATLAS 10K 9WLS: known drive, but it doesn't have a temperature sensor.

hddtemp /dev/sda --debug

================= hddtemp 0.3-beta13 ==================
Model: QUANTUM ATLAS 10K 9WLS

If one of the field value seems to match the temperature, be sure to read
the hddtemp man page before sending me a report (section REPORT). Thanks.

smartctl from smartmontools does give some temperature values. I don't know where it gets them because -A lists nothing. I think SCSI drives are different that way. Would it be possible for me to adjust the db file to get this value?

smartctl -a /dev/sda
smartctl version 5.32 Copyright (C) 2002-4 Bruce Allen
Home page is http://smartmontools.sourceforge.net/

Device: QUANTUM  ATLAS 10K 9WLS   Version: UCP2
Serial number: 119010244421
Device type: disk
Local Time is: Tue Jul 22 16:25:11 2008 MDT
Device supports SMART and is Enabled
Temperature Warning Enabled
SMART Health Status: OK

Current Drive Temperature:     28 C
Drive Trip Temperature:        75 C

Error counter log:
          Errors Corrected    Total      Total   Correction     Gigabytes
Total
delay: [rereads/ errors algorithm processed uncorrected
            minor | major  rewrites]  corrected  invocations   [10^9 bytes]
errors
read:    2126353        4         0         0          0          4.295
  0
write:         0        0         0         0          0          4.295
  0

Non-medium error count:       10
Device does not support Self Test logging

--
Jacob