health-dev

Re: [Health-dev] Patient demographic banner on all clinical screens

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] Patient demographic banner on all clinical screens
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 10:08:23 -0300

Hi Andrew !

On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 5:55 AM, address@hidden
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello Gnu Health users
>
> I would like to suggest that all screens containing
> patient specific clinical information should have a banner/section at the top
> of EVERY clinical data screen which clearly identifies the patient.
> The
> information might contain - Patient name, gender, date of birth, age, address,
> SSN number, Local health ref. number, national health ref. number.
>
> This
> suggestion is important so as to reduce the risk of mixing patients up when
> entering/reviewing clinical information in GNU Health.

If we use the relate ("shortcut") actions from the main patient form,
there is no chance of mixing information, since it takes the patient
ID to the related model (lab, prescription... ).

> I hope you all agree
> and any more suggestions for the content of the banner will be welcome.
I do agree that, although we can see the information by opening the
Many2One field of the patient, it would be nice to have a readonly
field as a banner with the demographics and critical patient info.

Any other suggestions are most welcome.

Best,

--
Luis Falcon