health-dev

Re: [Health-dev] Accuracy in lab test criteria value

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] Accuracy in lab test criteria value
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2013 07:44:33 -0300

Hello Erika
On 11/05/2013 08:40 PM, Erika Rocha Aguilar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When I add a value in result field on module Health/Lab/Test results, I can’t
>  write values like 0,0098.
>
> In the other hand,  if I write this value on the field
> gnuhealth_lab_test_critearea.result I can see my 4 digits on the right of the
> decimal point but when I return to tryton I just see 0,01.
Normally, for most cases the combination of the unit of measure
(ng,fL,.. ...) and float will give you enough precision for most analyte
results, without cluttering the field representation.

> How can I assure the accuracy of the measure of the biochemichal instrument?
We can use high precision representation using fields.Numeric, you can
specify the number of decimals to be shown. You can see an example on
the Domiciliary Units coordinates, where we use a precision 14 decimal
places (Demographics -> Domiciliary Units -> latitude/longitude).

Thanks a lot for your feedback and let us know your thoughts.

Best,

--
GNU Health : The Free Health and Hospital Information System
http://health.gnu.org