health-dev

Re: [Health-dev] [task #14805] Activity log window

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] [task #14805] Activity log window
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2018 14:05:54 +0000

Hi there
On Thu, 11 Jan 2018 14:15:38 +0100
Mathias Behrle <address@hidden> wrote:

> * Luis Falcon: " Re: [Health-dev] [task #14805] Activity log
> window" (Tue, 9 Jan 2018 12:50:59 +0000):
>
> > Hi Axel !

> > > This is a good idea!
> > > But general log windows tend to be closed by the user - how to
> > > make sure that e.g. broadcast messages from the admin reach the
> > > user?
> >
> > True :) We could make it pop when the broadcast msg arrives, or make
> > some signal on the main window border.
> >
> > In addition, we also have an statusbar at the bottom of the main
> > client, which will show the latest relevant messages.
> >
> > Thanks for the feedback !
> >
> > Bests
> > Luis
> >

> > > Best regards
> > > Axel
>
> JFTR: are you aware that a likewise functionality already existed? It
> was removed in 3.0.
>
> Pointer:
> https://github.com/tryton/tryton/commit/bdd8f738d207e88144f5f93e2a658755847168fe

I'm not sure to what functionality you're referring (broadcast,
statusbar, internal messages ? )

What they did was to remove the requests and use an URL entry (which
they have also removed it in 4.6... ) in the statusbar area.

The Activity log has nothing to do with the requests, and the latest
relevant message is not a request.

BTW, in my opinion, the internal requests was a great feature, that came
from tinyerp and that it should never should be removed from Tryton,
and that I am all for to get it back.

Broadcasts are also different that internal messages / requests. They
should just do that, broadcasting, and they go in the new activity log
window.

Bests
Luis