health-dev

Re: [Health-dev] Installation on OpenSuse 14 - psycopg2-binary issue

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] Installation on OpenSuse 14 - psycopg2-binary issue
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2023 09:54:45 +0100

Hi, Fran!

On Wed, 5 Apr 2023 16:08:24 -0300
Francisco Maria Moyano Casco <moyanocasco.franciscom@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>     I recently tried to install gnuhealth (today) on OpenSuse 14
> (download on Monday). I had an issue with psycopg2-binary during
> installation using gnuhealth-setup (latest).
>     I could solve it manually by installing psycopg2-binary using pip
>       *$ pip install --user "psycopg2-binary"*
>     Then I could continue with the installation using gnuhealth-setup.
>     There was an error msg saying something like *pg_config* couldn't
> be found.

Thanks! We just did an installation on openSUSE 15.4 this week,
following the standard / vanilla installation guide [1] , and it went
great, uneventul. In fact, we updated the numbering.

That said, Axel and the team in openSUSE have the package and specific
documentation for that distro [2]

1.-
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/GNU_Health/Operating_System-Specific_Notes#openSUSE

2.- https://en.opensuse.org/GNUHealth_on_openSUSE