health-dev

[Health-dev] [bug #64414] Federation Queue Manager can not show no-ascii

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: [Health-dev] [bug #64414] Federation Queue Manager can not show no-ascii properly.
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2023 14:07:07 -0400 (EDT)

Update of bug #64414 (project health):

             Assigned to:                    None => meanmicio
                 Release:                    None => 4.2.0

Follow-up Comment #2:

Revert changeset 5888:6a0a46ff3791
https://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/health/rev/336e36474d34

We should keep it as str. There is a logic about using ensure_ascii=True, so
it makes sure it always returns a string, instead of a unicode object. To the
human eye the raw string might look strange, but its represntation in reports
and packages will be the correct one.

Thalamus (and Python in general) parses the unicode escaped strings properly,
so we should keep it like this for now, until we're sure unicode objects are
properly handled in every instance.

$python3
Python 3.9.17 (main, Jun 22 2023, 01:13:35)
[Clang 13.0.0 (git@github.com:llvm/llvm-project.git
llvmorg-13.0.0-0-gd7b669b3a on freebsd13
>>> print("\u738b\u4e00\u5200")
ηŽ‹δΈ€εˆ€

Thanks!
Luis