health-dev

Re: [Health-dev] Working on the documentation

From: Gerald Wiese
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] Working on the documentation
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2023 13:05:46 +0200

Dear Luis,

thanks for your replies.

Could you imagine to work on this one please? That would give a better base to students working on the rest and ensuring consistency.

GNU Health HMIS functionality:

Rename to Overview, add graphics and explanation + distinction of
HMIS, HIS, LIS, LIMS etc. with more details. Ensure the acronyms are
used consistently with the rest of the documentation after defining
them more precisely.

About FHIR REST: I appreciate the work the both of you put on it. Nevertheless I don't see it as usable at the moment and I think we should make transparent that it's still in development and actually stagnated.

If nobody fixes a version conflict within two years it seems not maintained.

REST API demands not only read but also write functionality and scriptable HTTP access - what I found was cookie based logins meant for browser access.

Not sure which other standards of those are fulfilled? https://hl7.org/fhir/

The current state doesn't even call it beta but gives the impression that you could just install and run it like this (using Python2 by the way).

If people read or even try to follow it like this we leave a bad impression.

FHIR REST:

Let’s just put something like “Work In Progress” or delete it and
archive+remove the documentation and actually even the PyPI package.
It’s far away from fulfilling the standards and dependency issues
causing it to not even be installable alongside HMIS have not been
resolved for over two years.

I don't agree at all on this. Both Chris and myself have put quite a
bit of work, time and effort here. If a new Werkzeug or other library
breaks our current code, it's not our fault. We just need time to
update it. That is totally different from being "far away from
fulfilling the standards".

Best

Gerald