health

[Health] Tryton client problem on Windows 7

From: Christoph H. Larsen
Subject: [Health] Tryton client problem on Windows 7
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2011 01:15:26 +0300

Dear All,

I am testing a Trytond / Tryton server / client setup, where the server
resides on FreeBSD, and the client on a Windows 7 workstation.
While I have not encountered any problems with the Tryton client on
Linux or *BSD, I do seem to have a problem with it on Windows:
I have downloaded the exe file and was able to run the application using
an administrative account.
However I am unable to run it with a normal user account, using Windows
7 - please see screen below. I have tried both a network server and
individual PCs. Have you encountered this problem ?
Please note that the Tryton client was installed using the Windows
workstation's administrator account.
I checked file properties of the tryton.exe file, and it does permit to
be run as ordinary (non-administrator) user. Our firewall permits
outgoing connections on port 8000.
There is NO problem of the above kind when running the Tryton client as
non-administrator user in Windows XP. However, XP-compatibility mode in
Windows 7 does NOT solve the problem.
Any ideas?

Thanks a lot, indeed!

Chris

--
Dr. Christoph H. Larsen
synaLinQ (Vietnam)                      synaLinQ (Kenya)