health

Re: [Health] Are There Specific Rules ?

From: Paras Jasani
Subject: Re: [Health] Are There Specific Rules ?
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2012 12:24:48 +0530

Hi Luis

I agree to what you said, evaluating doctor A should be able to see all evaluations of other doctors for a specific patient A.

But how about doctor A accessing information about patient B and patient C though he has never been asked to evaluate them. For example keeping him in Health Doctor group gives him access to all the patients information.

Not that i know the best answer for this but the broader question is
Should all the patients information and evaluations visiting a health center or hospital be visible to all the doctors of that particular institution ?  OR  Should doctors be allowed to view details of patients evaluated by them ?

Thanks
Paras

On Sat, Sep 29, 2012 at 4:02 AM, Luis Falcon <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello Paras

On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 4:09 AM, Paras Jasani <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Is there a way where specific patients can be visible to doctors ?  Can
> patient information be released to only the evaluating doctors. This is in
> terms of patient information confidentiality.
> Scenario: Multiple doctors able to see each others evaluation even though
> they are not linked to the patient. This definitely breaks many norms.
>
> I will appreciate if someone throws more light on such scenarios.

You can generate different rules, but in this specific case, the
evaluating doctor should know the clinical history and all prior
evaluations of the patient. The clinical history from a patient is
very important for the physician in order to provide the best care for
the patients and the community.

Best

--
Luis Falcon