health

Re: [Health] [HEALTH] Problems with importing translation files in a VBo

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health] [HEALTH] Problems with importing translation files in a VBox installation
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2014 08:47:32 -0500

Hi Mathias / Constantine
On Thu, 12 Jun 2014 11:54:44 +0200
Mathias Behrle <address@hidden> wrote:

> * Kostis Mousafiris: " [Health] [HEALTH] Problems with importing
> translation files in a VBox installation" (Wed, 11 Jun 2014 23:29:03
> +0300):
>
> Hi all,
>
> > I downloaded the appropriate GNU Health file for a virtualbox
> > installation (OpenSUSE) and installed it successfully in my laptop.
> > I now intend to run a presentation about GNU Health and would like
> > to import the Greek translation files into it.
>
> Sorry for the question, if not very appropriate, since I am not really
> up-to-date with the release process of gnuhealth.
>
> As I talked with Sebastien quite a while ago about packaging of the
> gnuhealth modules for Debian, I told him about the several issues to
> be solved. The real issues are solved AFAICS, there are some
> nice-to-have left .
>
> One is the distribution and sync of the translation files. It should
> be an easy procedure (other projects do as well) to pull in the
> localization files from transifex just before the release. The
> case. Are there any issues with the translations on transifex, which
> I don't know? I think, it will be a major improvement to provide the
> locales by default with the release.
There are over 80 translation teams for GNU Health in Transifex.
Putting all of them in the same package is not a good.
Starting 2.4, we have decided to include in the main GNU Health package
the top translated packages and which we get a request from the
translating team leader.

Currently English, French, Italian and Spanish are included in the main
package.
For 2.6, Chinese, Greek and Portuguese (Brazilian) will be
also be included (no more issues to download your language,
Constantine ;) ).

All the best,

--
Luis Falcon
GNU Health : Freedom and Equity in Healthcare