health

Re: [Health] GnuHealth cannot create database nor connect to server

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health] GnuHealth cannot create database nor connect to server
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2015 21:51:05 +0000

Hi Cecilia !

On Thu, 5 Feb 2015 09:30:17 -0300
Maria Cecilia Santos Popper <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I faced this problem too, so I was wondering if there is a way to set
> up the  encrypted password for the postgre user before running
> the ./trytond for the first time.
> So far, as I understand, the sequence would be the following:
>
> 1. Create postgre user "gnuhealth" with no pasword
> 2. Install gnuhealth
> 3. Run serverpas.py and generate admin's encrypted password
> 4. Add password to postgre user "gnuhealth" psql -c "ALTER ROLE
> gnuhealth WITH ENCRYPTED PASSWORD 'YourPassword' ;"
This would apply if you used password-based authentication for the
postgres user.

If you're using other authentication methods (such as ident or
trust), then you don't need it. The manual does NOT use password-based
authentication, but of course you could. [1]

1.- http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.4/static/auth-methods.html

Best,
Luis