health

Re: [Health] LIMS

From: Bounmy Sihaphom
Subject: Re: [Health] LIMS
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2016 20:26:22 +0700

On Thu, Jun 30, 2016 at 6:13 PM, Luis Falcon <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi there !
On Thu, 30 Jun 2016 15:31:58 +1000
Noor Medical Center <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello all,
>

>    1. Is there any LIMS feature in GNU Health, if not

Although not a full LIMS, The health_lab module allows you to create and
manage lab orders, and integrate the results coming from a LIMS or the
lab analysis device. So, in many cases it will be enough.

We would need additional generic functionalities like Quality Control/Verification Lab Results before publishing them.

>    2. Is there any LIMS solution can be integrated with GNU Health or
> at least might be integrated.

You can integrate the results with interfaces to your specific lab
equipment, or uploading the XML, CSV data coming from the laboratory.

Of course we could integrate it with existing LIMS, as long as they can
allow access and export the data in open formats.

The GNU LIMS project is still under development, but there are others
around.
If we can have a standard User Interface to grab raw data (CSV,othet format) will definitely help or using HL7 / FIHR to communicate with the equipments.
To me , GNU Health also need to have radiology which part of Lab , Now it;s very tough for us to figure out how to use GNU Health and PACS.

Bests,