health

Re: [Health] Gnuhealth on Opensuse 42.3

From: Axel Braun
Subject: Re: [Health] Gnuhealth on Opensuse 42.3
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2017 21:36:26 +0200

Hi,

Am Dienstag, 5. September 2017, 09:10:34 CEST schrieb Thilo Gesche:

> I am trying to install gnuhealth on Opensuse 42.3 (multilingual
> environement) so far without luck. Axel gave me some indications (thanks
> Axel for the quick reply) but since I mixed up the instructions I must have
> got lost somewhere on the way and don't know where to look at now.

Maybe you look here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15zCr4pqIp8

> I am
> stuck at the point where the tryton client is running (with Gtk-WARNING **:
> Locale not supported by C library. Using the fallback 'C' locale.) but
> appearantly fails to fetch the database.

It is not sufficient to just create the database, you need to initialize it as
well:
/usr/bin/trytond-admin -c /etc/tryton/trytond.conf --all -d mydb

> Below you find some thoughts and
> suggestions I made during the install, hoping they may be helpful for other
> users. Any help for making the installation run would be highly
> appreciated.
> Best regards
>
> Thilo, Chengdu, China

Far away :-) did you install chinese language as well?

> Thoughts and suggestions from an unexperienced user
>
> I think it would be helpful to have a "... for dummies" approach in the "how
> to get it running" instructions. It's already kept simple and
> straightforward which is great but becomes quickly confusing as soon as
> things go wrong. Maybe a "what if things go wrong" section might be
> helpful? Otherwise maybe it should say it is only for qualified system
> administrators?
> The headline is ambigous
> How to get it running (Without reading the instructions)
> What it probably means:
> Please read the whole document prior to installation. By following this walk
> through the gnuhealth instructions must not be read in order to avoid
> installation conflicts

No. It should mean - follow these steps and you get a running installation. If
you want more (like ssh connection for the clients) read the details

> What I and probably other inexperienced users thought it meant:
> Don't bother reading through all the instructions (yeah), just go through
> the installation as descibed below until you get stuck and tell yourself
> you better start reading over all instructions and man pages (bummer). :-)

Can you let us know where exactly you got stuck? and in which way the
description was unclear (except for the prompt below)?

> I think it would be better to use signs $ or > for local user and # for root
> user (because that is what the user sees on the screen in the opensuse
> command prompt terminal) e.g.
> address@hidden:/home> su
> Password:
> linux-ku22:/home # systemctl restart postgresql

Sounds reasonable

> Unless indicated otherwise the use of sudo should be preferred.
>
> I suppose I ran into the authorisation issues mentions in: "2)
> You need to log in as user postgres, in order to avoid authorisation
> issues." I think it would be helpful to name permissions and ownership of
> the changed files so the user may sort out the issues manually.

If you edit /var/lib/pgsql/data/pg_hba.conf as root, it changes the ownership
and your DB will not start. At least I made the experience once....

> Here is part of my log output (for some reason the time stamp does not match
> the system clock)
> Mon Sep 04 06:28:39 2017] INFO:trytond.modules:purchase:registering classes
> Mon Sep 04 06:28:39 2017] INFO:trytond.modules:health_icu:registering
> classes Mon Sep 04 06:28:39 2017]
> INFO:trytond.modules:health_insurance:registering classes Mon Sep 04
> 06:28:39 2017] INFO:trytond.modules:health_services_lab:registering classes
> Mon Sep 04 06:28:39 2017] INFO:trytond.modules:purchase_request:registering
> classes Mon Sep 04 06:28:39 2017]
> INFO:trytond.modules:stock_supply:registering classes Mon Sep 04 06:28:39
> 2017] INFO:werkzeug: * Running on http://localhost:8000/ (Press CTRL+C to
> quit) Mon Sep 04 07:14:47 2017]
> INFO:trytond.backend.postgresql.database:connect to "template1" Mon Sep 04
> 07:15:56 2017] INFO:trytond.backend.postgresql.database:connect to
> "template1"
> address@hidden:/home> psql -l shows
> List of databases
> Name | Owner | Encoding | Collate | Ctype | Access privileges
> ------------ gnuhealthdb | gnuhealth | UTF8 | fr_FR.UTF-8 | fr_FR.UTF-8 |
> postgres | postgres | UTF8 | fr_FR.UTF-8 | fr_FR.UTF-8 |
> template0 | postgres | UTF8 | fr_FR.UTF-8 | fr_FR.UTF-8 | =c/postgres +

> template1 | postgres | UTF8 | fr_FR.UTF-8 | fr_FR.UTF-8 | =c/postgres +

> (4 rows)

looks good so far.