health

[Health] unable to use python 2 on GNU Health Server machine

From: Khurram Shahzad
Subject: [Health] unable to use python 2 on GNU Health Server machine
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2018 23:34:15 +0500

Hi,

Today, I tried to install and run the version 3.2 of GNU Health. I followed the install guide on wikibooks which included following commands for Ubuntu for making Python 3 available:

cd /usr/bin
ln -si python3 python
ln -si 2to3-3.5 2to3

After running these commands, though I was able to successfully install GNU Health by running the setup but when I tried to install the GNU Health client, it requires following command to be run:

pip2 install --user python-dateutil
  Which fails as it requires pip2 and hence python 2 which is no more available in the system (using python command).

In short, I am unable to use Python 2 in my environment. Is it normal? Please guide!
--

Regards,
Khurram.