heartlogic-dev

[Heartlogic-dev] pretend play

From: Joshua N Pritikin
Subject: [Heartlogic-dev] pretend play
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 18:00:17 +0530

I'm not sure how closely this is related to our stuff, but it's pretty
cool:

"Jayne Frances Wolfson, 18, of Armonk, entered a behavioral and social
sciences project in the Intel Science Talent Search that studied
cognitive development in toddlers from the view of "pretend play." The
experiment tested toddlers' ability to engage in pretend situations
and remember those situations after two weeks. This experiment lead
Jayne to propose that children's understanding of reality versus
pretend play develops in four stages, a progression sequence for
cognitive development that must happen for a child to understand the
difference between what is real and what is pretend. At Byram Hills
High School, Jayne is a member of the student board that plans social
activities, is a mathematics tutor for a local middle school, plays on
the field hockey team, and was elected captain of the JV lacrosse
team. She is a member of the National Cum Laude Society and the
National Foreign Language Honors Society. An accomplished dancer, she
is a member of the Acadettes, an invitation-only tap dance group and a
member of the Westchester Theater Dance Performing Troupe. The
daughter of Robert Wolfson and Susan Anderson, Jayne hopes to attend
Columbia, Northwestern or USC."

http://sciserv.org/sts/63sts/winners.asp

--
A new cognitive theory of emotion, http://openheartlogic.org