heartlogic-dev

Re: [Heartlogic-dev] story stats

From: Joshua N Pritikin
Subject: Re: [Heartlogic-dev] story stats
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 08:58:08 +0530

On Thu, 2005-05-12 at 22:07 -0500, William L. Jarrold wrote:
> > http://ohl.nirmalvihar.info/?leaf=story_stats;cue_id=4
>
> Looks pretty cool.
>
> But I is confused about what it means.

It's just a summary of the ratings of this item.

> I have copied the text (of course the colors are gone) below
>
> (1) introduction      Jack and Jill went up the hill
> (2) goal expression   to fetch a pale of water
> (3) goal matching and evaluation      Jack fell down and broke his crown and
> Jill came tumbling after.
>
> Opinion       Jack    Jill
> Topic a pale of water
> Agents        Jack    Jill
>
> Agent Anti-goal       Goal    No goal
> Jack  -0.25   0.75    0.00
> Jill  -0.25   0.50    0.50

This table is the simplest way to view the summary stats.

> min() Anti-goal       Goal    No goal Jack
> Anti-goal     -0.25   -0.25   -0.25
> Goal  -0.25   0.50    0.00
> No goal       -0.25   0.50    0.00
> Jill

This table is like a cross-product of the stats of the two agents except
that the combining function is min() instead of multiplication.  Also
see the sentences after this table which expand on the meaning of the
believable goal pairs.  As you can see above, Jack/Goal with Jill/Goal
and Jill/NoGoal have a positive believability.

--
If you are an American then support http://fairtax.org
 (Permanently replace 50,000+ pages of tax law with about 200 pages.)