heartlogic-dev

Re: [Heartlogic-dev] interesting developments

From: Joshua N Pritikin
Subject: Re: [Heartlogic-dev] interesting developments
Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 17:58:15 +0530

On Sat, 2005-05-21 at 01:46 -0500, William L. Jarrold wrote:
> joshua, do you think you can find a way to write a program that will
> return a random assertion from the open mind...if we can make this
> work, we can easily do some interesting comparitive studies.

Yah, it looks pretty trivial.  There is an old snapshot which contains
assertions such as:

(CapableOf "fire extinguisher" "help put out fire")
(CapableOf "fire fighter" "be call to help in emergency")
(CapableOf "fire in fireplace" "make room feel cozy")
(CapableOf "fire on cruse ship" "be dangerous")

So it is merely a matter of gluing the phrases together.  The more
recent version of conceptnet has a python interface which might make it
even easier.

--
If you are an American then support http://fairtax.org
 (Permanently replace 50,000+ pages of tax law with about 200 pages.)