help-3dldf

RE: [help-3dldf] failed to install 3DLDF-1.1.5.1

From: Li Li
Subject: RE: [help-3dldf] failed to install 3DLDF-1.1.5.1
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 13:50:37 -0500

Hi, Laurence.

> `NO_SORT' is declared in `namespace Sorting', so you either have to have
> `using namespace Sorting;' in the scope where you use
> `NO_SORT', or you have to write `Sorting::NO_SORT'.

Yes, I added it, now it works.

> It's the same problem I described before, just a different library header.
> If you got this far, I suppose you've got `ios' and `limits'.
> Did you update
> the standard library?  I don't know if installing the compiler does this
> automatically.  Do you know where the header files are located on
> your system?
>  Is there a `bitset' file there?  How about `bitset.h',
> `Bitset', or some other variant?   Are you sure you're loading the GNU
> standard library?

For "bitset" problem by using GCC3.4.2, I added "#include <bitset>" to
gsltmplt.web. Now I can pass the "make install"

Anyway, I think 1.1.5.1 version can be compiled and installed by intel 8.0
and GCC3.4.2. I tried 1.2.0.0 by using gcc3.2.2(native gcc of RH9),
following
is the error message
------------------------------
tstbison parser ctangle bison -y "parser.w passign.w pblexpr.w pbpexpr.w
pbsndecl.w pcirexpr.w pclrcmnd.w pcolexpr.w pcommand.w pcondit.w pcubexpr.w
pdhnexpr.w pdrwcmnd.w pdshexpr.w pellexpr.w peqexpr.w pfocexpr.w pfuncfin.w
pgrpcmnd.w pihnexpr.w pinptcmd.w pintacmd.w pldfdcl.w ploops.w pnumexpr.w
pohnexpr.w ppenexpr.w ppicexpr.w ppntexpr.w pprgstmt.w ppthexpr.w precexpr.w
prplexpr.w pstrexpr.w pthnexpr.w ptokdecl.w ptonexpr.w ptrfcmnd.w ptrnexpr.w
pvariabl.w "
/bin/sh: line 1: tstbison: command not found
make[1]: *** [parser.tby] Error 127
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/lli/download/play/3DLDF-1.2.0.0/CWEB'
make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1

I guess 1.2.0.0 may not support gcc3.2.2. I also tried intel 8.0, and
failed. I believe it
is related to the how to set up appropriate enviroment for intel compiler.
For cross compiler,
I am always confused and make mistakes.

Thanks again for your help.

Li