help-3dldf

[help-3dldf] Re: ANEEMATE

From: Laurence Finston
Subject: [help-3dldf] Re: ANEEMATE
Date: Sun, 01 May 2005 23:19:39 +0200

> Remember that MetaPost 0.9 deals very well with the boundingbox
> but
> when using labels the postprocessing may mess things up.

That's one of the problems that `cnepspng' ("convert EPS to PNG") solves.
`convert' isn't able to  convert EPS files generated by MP to PNG when they
contain labels.  My solution is to generate a TeX file with the image in the
center of the page, use `\write' to output the `\hsize' and `\vsize' to a
file, run `dvips' to generate a PS file, read in the values from the file, and
call `mogrify' to slice off the margins in the PS file.   It doesn't work to
use the `-t' or `-T' options to `dvips' to set a non-standard page size.  I
think it might be possible to implement a simpler solution with Ghostscript,
but I don't know how to use it, nor do I know the PostScript language.   Since
`cnepspng' does the job and doesn't require any tools that aren't usually
included in GNU/Linux distributions, I'm not going to worry about it.  There's
something that I don't quite understand  involving the measurements, but I
don't consider it urgent to figure it out.

I'll try out your scripts next week.  I don't have access to a machine where I
can do this today.

Thanks,

Laurence