%raw

From: Hans Aberg
Subject: %raw
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 11:22:26 +0100

At 10:38 +0200 0-10-19, Akim Demaille wrote:
>Currently I'm concerned with %raw being broken (but, again, what is
>the point of this option?  Is there anyone using it?)...

When implementing the sorted yytname_typecode table (see other post), I had
to try %raw, and the produced parser hanged in an infinite loop.

-- It seems me that when using %raw, character tokens '...' will conflict
with Bison's number. The only way to reach these character tokens is via
the yytypecode I just have implemented.

-- On the other hand, one might need another feature %unicode which makes
typecodes starting a 65537 instead of 257, just to be safe with any
potential Unicode character codes.

So perhaps %raw should be removed, and replaced by such a %unicode feature
instead.