Re: Bison's Semantic Parser

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: Bison's Semantic Parser
Date: 04 Jul 2001 14:43:00 +0200

>>>>> "Hans" == Hans Aberg <address@hidden> writes:

>> Could you send your samples?

Hans> I figure you already have the example I posted to the Bison
Hans> lists. I never went further and figured out how to use the
Hans> guards, even I looked a bit on how figure that out.

Don't bother then, I must have them somewhere, and anyway they must be
in the archive.

>> I don't think YYERROR can be compared to the guards, but again, I
>> have only a small idea of what it is supposed to do.

Hans> Perhaps. What I really mean is that one should be able to attain
Hans> the same effects with YYERROR & actions in midrule.

Again, you might be right, I just don't know enough.  Maybe it doesn't
introduce the problems mid rule actions usually introduce.  But this
debate is happening too soon, let's focus on the current issues.