Re: Removing --raw

From: pascal . bart
Subject: Re: Removing --raw
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 14:07:47 +0000 (GMT)

On 18 Jul 2001, Akim Demaille wrote:
Akim>I have split this one, but I'd like to avoid
Akim>having to do it for other patches.

Ok, I note it.

Akim>Also, since you are removing a feature, I think the simplest and
Akim>sanest for the users is simply to completely remove it from all the
Akim>documentation. You also forgot to address the %raw keyword.  I try to
Akim>keep generic sentences in error messages so that the translators don't
Akim>have similar but different messages to translate.  Also, I prefer to
Akim>keep the error code local to --raw/%raw handling, i.e., remove the
Akim>global variable too.  And finally, please try to keep NEWS up to date.

But, the patch wasn't finished, I've send you it to check, and to get any
comments.

Akim>Basically, here is what I did out of your patch:

I've thought to do that, but I had a problem with the file
src/vmsgetargs.c, which declares `raw_flag' as an external variable.

Thank you.

Pascal