Re: Multi-language patches: welcome or not (for CVS HEAD)?

From: Hans Aberg
Subject: Re: Multi-language patches: welcome or not (for CVS HEAD)?
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 12:09:21 +0100

At 17:51 +0100 2002/01/06, Tim Van Holder wrote:
>Akim, would you be open to patches to add multi-language
>output to bison (i.e. the ability to generate parsers in
>languages other than C)?
>
>I'm planning to try to try and patch bison to produce C#
>code, and I might as well see if that code would be
>welcomed into the official distro (of version 1.50, or
>whatever CVS is destined for).

I have already made such a tweak for C++, in case you are interested. (This
is not a part of GNU or anything such; I think Akim and his students have
some other plans.)

I do not know about C#, but what I did was merely to let Bison write some
macros for the $n names, so that in the skeleton file it becomes possible
to define them to proper C++ constructs.