Re: Bison 1.30f broke my C++ parser

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: Bison 1.30f broke my C++ parser
Date: 27 Jan 2002 11:40:32 +0100

>>>>> "Anthony" == Anthony DeRobertis <address@hidden> writes:

Anthony> Bison 1.30f introduced a union with YYTYPE in it. The means
Anthony> that you can't use any half-interesting class[0] as YYTYPE
Anthony> anymore... why the change? (cc'd to debian bts) [0]
Anthony> Non-default ctor, dtor, or op=

Sorry about this change :(  It was meant to provide a better C parser,
and in this regard, it is an improvement indeed.  We are close to have
a functional beta of our C++ parsers, stay tuned.

Nevertheless, in the meanwhile, my advice is use 1.32, but steal bison
1.28's bison.simple, give it another name, and ask 1.32 to use the
latter (using BISON_SIMPLE or --skeleton).