Parsing input from a string...

From: Dave Trombley
Subject: Parsing input from a string...
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 17:12:15 -0500

   Greetings!

I'm trying to do some stuff with bison and flex for the first time, and can't seem to figure this out: What I'd like to do is to parse input from a char*, rather than a FILE*. Of course, I could write my string to a temporary file, but this is very poor for obvious reasons. Is there any way at all for me to accomplish this without hand editing the yylex() function? (I'll need to also not use global variables, as I have a multithreaded program, and many threads will be parsing potentially many different grammars.)

-dj trombley
   <address@hidden>