Re: problem compiling bison with gcc 3.0.5

From: Martin Trautmann
Subject: Re: problem compiling bison with gcc 3.0.5
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2002 00:54:19 +0100

Hi,

Anthony DeRobertis wrote:
Heh. You can use define... something like

    #define C ((T*)thevar)

where T is the type, thevar is whatever bison calls your user-defined parameter, and C is what you're going to refer to it as.

Then use C->member.

You could even use that fancy reinterpret_cast stuff. Or is it something else? I forget; need to read stroustrup again...

This could be a solution. But after reading Stroustrup I didn't want to
declare any macro any more ;-)
I hope the c++ bison doesn't need such "ugly" things. Oh I forgot to mension that I would like one feature that seems simple but isn't provided by flex++:
It should be possible to put the c++ bison parser "class" into a namespace.

bye

Martin