Java to Python translation

From: vmilitaru
Subject: Java to Python translation
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 11:04:08 -0500

Greetings,

I am a newbie at Flex-Bison. But I need to translate a (rather voluminous 100MB)
java program to python. After a few searches on google, apparently the best
tools for this task are Lex-Yacc (Flex-Bison on linux). While I am chewing on
the Lex-YACC HOWTO, I would be very interested in hearing of others' successful
experiences/feedback at this. Any pointers of interest would similarily be
appreciated (java or python grammar,etc.).

Obviously, telling me that Flex-Bison are not the right tools for my translation
task would be similarly appreciated.

Many thanks,
Vio