Re: C++.bison

From: Hans Aberg
Subject: Re: C++.bison
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 17:13:22 +0200

At 12:22 +0200 2002/04/04, Akim Demaille wrote:
>What is the problem you have with installing GNU M4?

Basically, all programs under MacOS pre-X must provided with hooks by hand.
Further, if it should be a plugin, a special plugin interface has to be
written. Also, there is nothing like "make", "autoconfig", etc, so those
scripts have to be dealt with manually.

So, don't use MacOS pre-X, unless for historical reason you have already
have one. I have currently no way to tell when (or ever) I will get hold of
up-to-date system.

Otherwise, I figure that m4 is just a macro program, and would not be so
difficult to compile.

Also, I wrote my own macro program for generating computer language output,
which avoids at least one of the pitfalls of m4, namely, I treat strings as
separate objects, because it is easier to get full control over the string
output that way. So I would rather work on that macro language than m4 :-)