Re: from ms access SQL syntax to SQL Server SQL sysntax

From: Hans Aberg
Subject: Re: from ms access SQL syntax to SQL Server SQL sysntax
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 10:22:54 +0200

If the syntax differences between input and output are very small, as it
seems to be in your case, then a text processing program like awk, Perl,
M4, etc, might do the trick. Perhaps the newsgroup comp.compilers or its
FAQ, published there monthly, might help.

A parser generator like Bison is suitable if you want to make a very
correct parsing of the whole grammar. But I suspect you are looking for
some quick conversion hack where this degree of accuracy is not so
important, right?