The problem with Mid-Rule Action

From: praveen thakur
Subject: The problem with Mid-Rule Action
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 10:19:16 +0100 (BST)

Hi,
   I am giving the mid-rule action in my parser which
is like this...

Non-term1 : TOKEN1 {// some code to create objects}
            Non-term2 {//using the value of $3 and it
                   gives correct value of Non-term2}
           TOKEN2 {// Now when I use $3(for Non-term2)

                    here, it's not
                   giving the correct value...
                  rather it gives the value of Non-
                  term2 as well as of TOKEN2.. I want
                   to access the value of
                              Non-term2 here.}

Non-term2 : STRING {$$=$1;}

< The Parser has lot many rules... I just wanted to be
specific about the problem, that's why instead of real
code I wrote like the above..>

What is the reason behind this ?? How the value in
"yyvsp" changes and used by $ values ??
More specific, how can I get the desired result ??

I am using Flex++2.3.8 -7 and Bison++ 1.21–8 from GNU.

Thanking you all,

praveen

Yahoo! Plus
For a better Internet experience