RE: Flex help anyone ?

From: Urdaneta, Alfonso E (N-Summitt Technologies)
Subject: RE: Flex help anyone ?
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 11:42:46 -0500

> In the language I'm trying to parse - its permissible to
> embed quotes within a string if you double up..
>
> so :
>
>       "Hello ""World"" would be ok"
>
> Obviously - I'm getting this back as three strings ("Hello "
> , "World"  & "would be ok") which is messing up the parser...
>

> Any ideas ?

I'm sure that a regexp guru (which I am most certatinly not) could come
up with something to do what you want automatically in flex, but I think
that your task would be easier accomplished using start conditions.

Theres a couple of samples for dealing with C comments which are
applicable to your situation.

http://www.gnu.org/software/flex/manual/html_mono/flex.html#SEC11

--
alfonso e. urdaneta

Convictions are more dangerous enemies of truth than lies - Friedrich
Nietzsche